There are certain ways you should take care of your denture to ensure they provide long-lasting service.
- If you have had a tooth or teeth removed, avoid removing the newly placed denture for at least 2 hours.
- Eat and sleep with the denture in place for the first 24 hours. After this, remove your denture after brushing and flossing at night and then sleep without it.
- Clean the denture inside and out with your toothbrush at least twice a day every day when you clean your natural teeth. The denture may be soaked in denture cleaner or bicarbonate soda. Do not use chlorine bleaches.
- If the area is painful, you may take two Paracetamol 500mg (Panadol or Panamax) tablets every 6 hours (up to a maximum of 8 tablets every 24 hours).
- If there are any further problems or concerns please do not hesitate to call the surgery on (03) 5331 9285.